Sponsorship Immigration To Canada
Home » Immigration » Sponsorship Immigration To Canada

Sponsorship Immigration To Canada

Relatives of Canadian citizens and permanent residents can immigrate to Canada through sponsorship immigration. To obtain permanent resident status in Canada, a foreign relative must be sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. This is known as sponsorship immigration to Canada.

Sponsorship immigration is a reliable way to immigrate to Canada for the following relatives of Canadian citizens and permanent residents:

  • spouses, common-law or conjugal partners (of the opposite or same sex);
  • dependent children, including adopted children;
  • parents and grandparents;
  • children under 18 years of age whom they intend to adopt;
  • brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces or grandchildren who are orphans; under the age of 18 and not married or in a common-law relationship.

Sponsorship immigration requires the sponsor and sponsored relative to sign a sponsorship agreement. It commits sponsor to provide financial support for the relative.

Sponsor must provide financial support for a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner for three years from the date they become a permanent resident.  Sponsor must provide financial support for a dependent child for 10 years, or until the child turns 25, whichever comes first.

This agreement also obligates the sponsored person to make every effort to support him or herself.

Our services to the sponsors and their foreign relatives include:

  • Assessment of  eligibility to apply under the sponsorship immigration;
  • Consulting on every aspect of the requirements and the process;
  • Guidance in documentation the genuine nature of the relationship;
  • Preparation and submission of the application package;
  • Dealing with Immigration Canada on the applicants’ behalf;
  • Monitoring the application process;
  • Interview training if required;

Obtain free eligibility assessment for sponsorship immigration to Canada.


Free assessment

The information contained on these pages is intended to provide general information only and not legal advice. You are advised that the acts of sending e-mail to or viewing or downloading information from this website does not create an consultant-client relationship.