Federal Skilled Workers
Home » Immigration » Federal Skilled Workers

Federal Skilled Workers

Federal skilled workers (FSW) are chosen as permanent residents based on their ability to become economically established in Canada.

To be eligible to apply as a Skilled Worker, you need to score a minimum number of the assessment points set by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada. The points are awarded for:

  • your skills in English and/or French, Canada’s two official languages,
  • your education,
  • your work experience,
  • your age,
  • whether you have arranged employment in Canada, and
  • your adaptability (your spouse or partner’s language skills; your past study in Canada; your spouse or partner’s past study in Canada; your past work in Canada; your spouse or common-law partner’s past work in Canada; arranged Employment in Canada; relatives in Canada.

You must also show that you have funds to support yourself and your family after you’ve been granted permanent resident status and arrived in Canada.

The eligibility requirements to apply as an FSW can change at any time without notice. Make sure you keep checking this Web site if you want to immigrate to Canada as an FSW.

Find out whether you are eligible to apply as a Federal skilled worker.

Free assessment

The information contained on these pages is intended to provide general information only and not legal advice. You are advised that the acts of sending e-mail to or viewing or downloading information from this website does not create an consultant-client relationship.